THE SOCIETY FOR PHOTOGRAPHIC EDUCATION
STUDENT AWARDS FOR INNOVATIONS IN IMAGING
All SPE student members are eligible to apply for a scholarship to offset the cost of attending SPE’s 2017 national conference. Ten awards are offered based on merits of submitted portfolios and include a $550 travel stipend to attend the national conference, a 2017 national conference fee waiver, and a one-year membership to SPE.
- Applicants must be current, matriculated undergraduate or graduate students enrolled at a post-secondary institution majoring/concentrating in photography and not graduating before the end of the academic year 2016-2017.
- Applicants must be student members of SPE or become members before submitting their scholarship applications. Visit spenational.org to join or renew your membership.
- Applicants are not eligible to receive scholarship awards for two consecutive years.
This year’s jurors are SPE national board members serving on the Awards and Recognition Committee: Rebecca Nolan (Chair), Stephen Chalmers, Erika Gentry, and Aspen Hochhalter.
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Submit online via support.
PREPARE TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING
- A cohesive body of work with no more than FIVE images. Images around 1280 x 1280 px @ 72 ppi are ideal for good image quality and fast upload.
- A clear and concise introductory statement that details the conceptual, technical, and aesthetic concerns, issues, influences or questions that your work explores (350 words maximum, approx. 2,100 characters).
- A statement addressing how attendance at the conference will benefit you, as well as an overview of prior involvement with SPE or other arts organizations.
- A brief resume, including name, address, phone number, email address and current institutional affiliation, and educational and professional experience.
- Contact information for a current photography professor (include name, title, email, and phone number).
Applications that do not fulfill all requirements may be eliminated from the competition. Click here to view the official call for entries.
Deadline to apply is October 15, 2016, at 11:59 PM EST.
Direct inquiries to the SPE national office at membership.
Please visit spenational.org/conferences for additional conference information.